Experience the Mountains
Relaxing hikes for the whole family, whether in the valley along the River Ziller, by cable car towards the summit or as a sports activity. There are many possibilities for every taste and age group.
Culture and Traditions
Driving cattle down into the valley in autumn - known as the 'Almabtrieb' - is a living Zillertal tradition and a very special experience for guests.
Active and Sporty
Paragliding & hang-gliding in the thermals of the Ziller valley. Both professionals and beginners can enjoy flying in Zillertal throughout the year.
Cycle Tours & Mountain Biking
A wide range of tours along the flat valley or up to the summit.
Zillertal Railway - Stress-free travel
Explore the valley in style with the nostalgic steam train and rediscover the leisurely pace that was almost thought lost.
Walking Holidays in Zillertal
Hiking is probably the most popular holiday and leisure activity in summer in our alpine landscape. Enjoy the picturesque alpine meadows in bloom, raging waterfalls, rushing mountain streams, traditional alpine farms, welcoming places for shelter and refreshments, and adventurous gorges - as well as the indescribable views of the mountains and alpine valleys.
Our guests can enjoy the scenery of the Upper Zillertal on a wonderful, well-developed network of hiking trails with total length of over 200 kilometres. The summit stations of the Penken, Ahorn and Zillertal Arena cable cars are also popular, nearby starting points for numerous mountain tours and high-altitude hikes.
Paragliding and Hang-Gliding in Zillertal
Get a bird's-eye view of Zillertal and its romantic gorges, valleys and bizarre mountain scenery!
A holiday that will bring you plenty of variety.
Cycling Holidays in Zillertal
This is the Zillertal as only a few know it: sleepy valleys with perfect bike trails along deserted lakes and playful mountain streams.
On the romantic trails in the side valleys around Mayrhofen, even less athletic mountain cyclists will be happy because there are cosy mountain lodges awaiting you at the end of each tour.
Climbing in Zillertal
It's hardly surprising that Zillertal and in particular the town of Mayrhofen, with its mountaineering village of Ginzling and numerous three-thousand-metre peaks, made a name for itself as a climbing destination very early on.
Via ferratas - are now the new trend in mountain sports that also allow hikers, with appropriate equipment and depending on the level of difficulty, to try out their skills in the world of vertical ascents.
Enjoy an active summer holiday in Austria!
Between 27 May and 29 October 2023, the Zillertal Activcard is the ideal companion for those who want to enjoy the valley from top to bottom. It is a ticket for the cable car, as well as an entrance ticket and discount card at the same time.
- One ascent and descent each day with one of up to 10 mountain cable cars of your choice
- Free entry to the 6 outdoor swimming pools ( one visit per day)
- Free use of most public transport ( except steam trains)
- Min. 10% discount with numerous partner organisations in and around Zillertal
|3 days||78.00 €||39.00 €|
|6 days||112.00 €||56.00 €|
|9 days||152.00 €||76.00 €|
|12 days||190.00 €||95.50 €|
Reductions for Children
- Children's price: The children's price is valid for all children born between 2008 and 2016. Children born in 2017 or later can enjoy all the card benefits free of charge.
- All cable car stations in operation
- Railway stations in Jenbach, Mayrhofen and Zell am Ziller
- Tourist information offices in Fügen, Kaltenbach, Zel am Ziller, Hippach and Tux
- Zillertal Tourismus GmbH in Schlitters
MORE with myZillertal.app
Is there anything better than a holiday in Zillertal? Yes - a summer holiday with myZillertal.app! It is your free all-in-one travel companion and the key to exclusive deals and experiences.
More convenient · More events · More tips · More extras · More mobility
- Book cable car tickets, sports equipment, cookery courses, entrance tickets and more with just one click
- Discover exclusive experiences that you can't buy elsewhere
- Get the best tips and recommendations from genuine Zillertal locals